Consistent with the Mission of the District, the Governance Committee (GC) assists the Board to improve its functioning, structure, and infrastructure, while the Board serves as the steward of the District. The Board serves as the representative of the residents of the SVHCD by protecting and enhancing their investment in the SVH in ways that improve the health of the community collectively and individually. The Board formulates policies, makes decisions, and engages in oversight regarding matters dealing with ends, CEO performance, quality of care, and finances. The Board must ensure that it possesses the necessary capacities, competencies, structure, systems, and resources to fulfill these responsibilities and executive these roles. In this regard, it is the Board’s duty to ensure that:
- Its configuration is appropriate;
- Necessary evaluation and development processes are in place;
- Its meetings are conducted in a productive manner;
- Its fiduciary obligations are fulfilled.
The GC shall assist the Board in its responsibility to ensure that the Board functions effectively. To this end the GC shall:
- Formulate policy to convey Board expectations and directives for Board action;
- Make recommendations to the Board among alternative courses of action;
- Provide oversight, monitoring, and assessment of key organizational processes and outcomes.
- Take action on behalf of the Board when prompt action is necessary regarding pending legislation (state or federal) that affects the District/Hospital.
The Board shall use the GC to address these duties and shall refer all matters brought to it by any party regarding Board governance to the GC for review, assessment, and recommended Board action unless that issue is the specific charge of another Board Standing Committee. The GC makes recommendations and reports to the Board. It has no authority to make decisions or take actions on behalf of the District, except for legislative and/or regulatory issues requiring prompt action.
The Governance Committee Chair is Bill Boerum and members include Joshua Rymer .
Download Governance Committee Charter (PDF)
Governance Committee Agenda and Minutes
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Tuesday, September 26, 2017