Home Health Services
Healing At Home, the Skilled Home Health Care service of Sonoma Valley Hospital, is a nationally-recognized program providing skilled, medically necessary and individualized care to homebound patients under physician orders in Sonoma, Marin and Napa counties.
Our services enable patients to receive the care they need, delivered by medical professionals, in the comfort of their homes. We are State licensed and Medicare Certified.
To access our services, a physician must place an order for skilled, medically-necessary care for a homebound patient with an injury or illness. Services are individualized to meet the patient’s special medical and supportive needs. We are committed to the highest standards in skilled home care and have been recognized as a nationwide HomeCare Elite™ agency in 2012 and in 2011 based on performance outcome measures.
The goal of Home Care is to help you and your family through your recovery.
This may include:
- Nursing to assist you with medication management, wound care or disease management
- Physical or occupational therapy to improve your safety and strength
- Speech therapy for swallowing and speech difficulties
- Medical social work for assessment and referrals
- Certified Home Health Aides for personal care
Our professional health care staff includes registered nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, and home health aides. They provide care to the patient and work with the patient’s family or caregivers to teach them the skills they need to follow a care plan.
While nursing services form the backbone of the program, many other services are coordinated so that patients not requiring acute hospital care can be effectively treated and monitored in the comfort of their homes. Our Home Health Team emphasizes patient satisfaction in all they do.
Skilled Home Health Care is different from private caregivers. We do not come daily or stay for long periods. Our visits are typically 30-45 minutes in length and focus on treatments and teaching. All of our care is individualized to your needs.
Each service must be ordered by your physician. We offer:
- Nursing care by Registered Nurses who provide skilled assessment and teaching, Home IV therapy, medication management, enterostomal therapy, wound care, pain management, nutrition counseling and disease management.
- Assistance from medical social workers who provide assessment, counseling and resources assistance.
- Rehabilitation care from physical, occupational and speech therapists.
- Personal care assistance from home health aides.
How to Pay
- We accept: Medicare, Medi-Cal, private insurance, Workers’ Comp, Veterans’ Administration, and self-pay. The agency will bill the patient’s insurance source directly. The patient or responsible party will receive a bill only when a portion of a bill is not paid by insurance (i.e. deductibles and co-insurance payments).
- Home care costs qualify as medical expenses and are tax-deductible, within certain limits, from federal income tax.
To Qualify for Our Home Care
- You must require nursing or rehabilitation services.
- You must be homebound.
- You must have the service ordered by your physician.
- If you have Medicare insurance, you must be homebound to qualify for our services. This means that it is difficult and taxing for you to leave your home and that you need assistance to do so. Skilled home care services are covered by most insurance.
Helpful Information about Home Health Care
On the first link below, you’ll find helpful information for new Home Health Care patients. You will also find links to documents describing the privacy practices of the Home Health Services, and the privacy policies of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The above documents are in Adobe Acrobat format. You can download Adobe Acrobat here.
If you have any questions, please discuss them with your Discharge Planner while you are in the hospital. Once you return home, you can call us.
For more information: Call us at 707.935.5135. We are available seven days a week between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM. Our fax is 707.935.5294. You also can also email us at: email@example.com or visit our website at svh.com/healingathome.
Medical Director – David Streeter, MD
Director, Sonoma Valley Hospital Home Health Services –Lisa O’Hara, RN, BSN, COS-C